All Saints Day ~ Announcements: November 2, 2014
Post date: Oct 31, 2014 7:24:10 PM
This Week at Trinity
Sun Nov 2
- 8:00 am (MA) Divine Service/HC
- 9:30 am (MA) SS/Bible Class
- 9:45 am (CR) Divine Service
- 11:00 am (CR) SS/Bible Class
- 4:00 pm Circuit Reformation Service; Clarinda, IA—St. Paul - Light meal will follow.
- (Anyone wanting to be in the Choir please meet at 3:00 to rehearse.)
Mon Nov 3
- Pastor’s Day Off
Tue Nov 4
- 6:30 am (CR) Early Risers
- 10:00 am (MA) Pastor in Mt. Ayr Office
- 6:30 pm (CR) Rachel Circle at Anita Wardernburg’s Home
- 7:00 pm (MA) Mount Ayr Community Committee
Wed Nov 5
- 6:00 pm (CR) Confirmation Class
- 7:30 pm (CR) Board of Elders
Thu Nov 6
- 9:45 am Preschool Chapel
- 1:45 pm Preschool Chapel
Sun Nov 9
- 8:00 am (MA) Divine Service
- 9:30 am (MA) SS/Bible Class
- 9:45 am (CR) Divine Service/HC
- 11:00 am (CR) SS/Bible Class
- Cancer: Al Davis; Duane Dunham; Grace Weese; Jeff Bierle; Kenny Goeglein; Lisa Britt; Marvin Wissink; Merle Triggs; Mike Rollings; Paula Bowman; Randy Porter; Rhonda Smith; Ron Harris; Wes Keeler;
- Condolences: Sylvia Scott (Aunt of Gene Cook);
- General: Prayers for the opening of the Crisis Pregnancy Center in Creston. The persecuted church, especially in Iraq. We pray for all those who diligently serve this congregation with their talents. We pray for our neighbors that we may assist them in every need. We pray that God would continue to lead people to work in His Church as Pastors and Teachers.
- IIS&R: Danna Rains; Ethan Bulgrin; Gailen Foreman; Helen Terry; Jace Zellmer; Joanna Fiona Borha; Marie Burmeister; Mike Lang;
- Military: Aaron Hoogland; Michael Kaufman;
- Missions: Concordia Mission Society; Dr Oliver, Seminary Professor in Taiwan; Pastor Daniel Vogel, Hispanic Missions in Iowa; Pastor Dennis Konkel, Deaf Missions in Iowa;
- Seminary Students: Timothy Meyer, Chris Troxel, Martin Herzberg; and Luke Watt;
- Shutins: Don Campbell, May Carlisle, Mary Carson, Ruth Chase, Wilma Cottrell, Jeanne Herzberg, Irene Hogue, Freida Porter, Lonny Riley;
Please take note of the proposed Bylaw changes to allow electronic meetings. If you have any questions please ask Pres. Phil Wardenburg or Pastor Watt:
Whereas, electronic means are available for conducting meetings for the various boards and committees of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, Creston, Iowa, let it be
Resolved, that the Bylaws of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Article II be modified as follows:
Article II MEETINGS
D. Electronic meetings
1. Meetings for all boards and committees may be held electronically in accordance with the following guidelines and requirements:
a. Electronic Board meetings may be conducted by telephone, telecommunication, or computer conference.
b. Electronic meetings of the Voter's assembly shall be only between the Creston & Mount Ayr fellowship halls.
- Flowers on the Altar are in memory of Kenny Breach and Cliff Nook from Janice Nook; Terri and Dennis Hudson; Pastor Michael, Karen, Thomas and Matthew Breach.
- If you are receiving The Lutheran Witness and have not paid for your subscription, please do so at your earliest convenience. The annual cost is $21.65 per year. You can put your money in the collection plate clearly marking it for The Lutheran Witness. Thank you.
- LC Clinic of Stuart, Iowa will be holding training for their new clinic here in Creston on November 17th, 18th, 20th, 21st and 22nd. All of the training sessions will be here at Trinity from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm except for the training on Saturday the 22nd which will be in Stuart, IA at the lc Clinic from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. If you are interested in the training please RSVP by by calling Ruth at 515-523-1173; 515-313-1548 or email Ruth@IowaLcClinic.org. Please see the flyers in the fellowship hall and the narthex for more information on what is involved in volunteering.
- Please be courteous and turn off your cell phone during the worship service!
- Please take note of the proposed Bylaw changes to allow electronic meetings. If you have any questions please ask Pres. Phil Wardenburg or Pastor Watt: Article II MEETINGS D. Electronic meetings 1. Meetings for all boards and committees may be held electronically in accordance with the following guidelines and requirements: a. Electronic Board meetings may be conducted by telephone, telecommunication, or computer conference. b. Electronic meetings of the Voter's assembly shall be only between the Creston & Mount Ayr fellowship halls.
- Prayer Request pads can be found on the Narthex Table. Please fill out the form and give it to Pastor Watt or place it in the "Prayer Requests" mailbox. Unless otherwise requested prayer request will be repeated for three (3) sundays.
- The Nominating Committee is searching for a Church Treasurer for the 2015. If you are interested, please contact Deb Meltzer, Dave Dory or Dennis Brown. Thank you!
- The Quarterly Voter's Meeting has been moved from October 19 to November 23. All boards and committees need to have their budget requests to the Treasurer no later than November 16.
- Voter's Meeting on Sunday, November 23, 2014 following bible class. There will be a meal provided. If you are interested in signing up for something to go with Polish Sauages and Hamburgers, please see the sign up sheet in the narthex or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contributions to the meal.
- Iowa District West is forming L.E.R.T. teams to respond to disasters. It is exciting that over 300 members of the District have now taken the L.E.R.T. training and are certified to serve and respond after a natural disaster. You are invited to attend an upcoming L.E.R.T. training. There is NO COST for the training. Volunteers will receive a L.E.R.T. manual. Where: Trinity Lutheran Church, 800 North Sumner Avenue, Creston, IA When: Saturday, November 22, 2014. Registration begins at 8:00 am with training from 9 am-12 pm (A light breakfast and lunch will be served.) Facilitator: Ellie Menz, Disaster Response Coordinator. Register online at www.idwlcms.org (under “Calendar”) or contact Jill Davis at the District office (515-576-7666).
- LifeLight: The Tuesday LifeLight class will meet on Monday, November 3 at 1:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. The Monday night class will meet as scheduled on at 6:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. These two classes will conclude Part One of Exodus.
- Stewardship: Matthew 5:7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.” This is one of many Bible passages that remind us that we reap what we sow. Likewise, what God puts into us (His own love, mercy, kindness, and generosity) – flows back out of us. For it all starts with His self-giving!
- The Altar Guild will clean & polish the altar ware and furnishings on Saturday, November 15, 2014 at 9:00 a.m.
- Building Healthy Families: Years of research support the fact that for adults, a stable, happy marriage is the best protector against illness and premature death and for children, such a marriage is the best source of emotional stability and good physical health. So moms and dads, for all you do to invest in and prioritize the strengthening and stability of your marriage, on behalf of your children and your church...thank you! Lutheran Family Service, 7177 Hickman Road, Ste 3; Des Moines, IA 50322; 515-251-4900.
- “In the pagan first century, Christianity was the catalyst that moved the Roman world from killing to caring. It didn’t happen overnight. Now, in the pagan 21st century, let us again be that catalyst. We have so many footsteps of faithful saints to follow. God gave them purpose and success and He gives it to you, too. Go! God will bless your efforts as you continue to serve Him.” Diane E. Schroeder, former president of Lutherans For Life – A “Life Quote” from Lutherans For Life · www.lutheransforlife.org
- 90 YEARS in --- KFUO Radio is celebrating its 90th Anniversary of broadcasting the Good News of Jesus Christ and for 90 Days we will look at different aspects of our ministry: where we started, where we are, and where we are going. We kickoff on with a new, exciting emphasis for you each of the Be sure to listen and join us in the celebration! Find us at kfuo.org
- THE RADIO VOICE OF THE LUTHERAN FAITH FOR THE CENTURY....Issues, Etc. is a radio talk show produced by Lutheran Public Radio in Collinsville, IL and hosted by LCMS Pastor Todd Wilken. This week's topics include: Pope Francis on Creation & Evolution, Different Names for The Lord's Supper, Infant Baptism, Abraham & Isaac and more. You can listen to what you want when you want at www.issuesetc.org.
F.L.O.C.K. Dates: Updated
- November 19—F.L.O.C.K
- December 10—F.L.O.C.K
- December 14 (Sunday) The kids will lead the worship service at 9:45 am for our Christmas Service
- January 14—F.L.O.C.K
- February 11—F.L.O.C.K
- March 4—F.L.O.C.K
- April 29—F.L.O.C.K (last F.L.O.C.K meeting, Pizza Party)
- It is a pleasure to teach your children! Thank you for bringing them so that they can learn about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Serving At Trinity
Sun Nov 2
- (CR) Acolytes: Logan Shady; Alex Riley
- (CR) Pianist: Julie Lang
Sun Nov 9
- (CR) Acolytes; Alex Riley; Scott Walter
Serving in November:
- (CR) Elder: Dave Dory
- (MA) Elder: Doug Bullock
- (CR) Ushers: Paul Kearney; Jim Kneedler; Bill Magers; Troy Petersen
- (CR) Finance: Paul Kearney; Bill Magers
- (CR) Altar: Jean Stoll; Radine Ward; Marti Williams